Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Shoes and Socks

I went to a lecture today for future entrepreneurs - (which I am not, but it's a required series so there I was). The guy was given 45 minutes where within he was to tell us "secrets of the trade" or how to start and operate an effective business and what pitfalls to look out for. He spent 15 minutes focusing on one ingredient of his product and then opened it up for questions. No slides, no insights, no helpful hints. The audience asked a myriad of questions in an attempt to learn more to which he openly answered, "it's just works that way." Now I'm supposed to write a paper about the lecture and the only thing I can think of is how you can run a business with little to no business competency. That and that I should've worn  socks with my shoes today.

1 comment:

Bryce said...

i like how you titled this article shoes and socks