Thursday, January 8, 2009

I will have to update this post later, but for now let it suffice to say that I bought a book at the beginning of the summer without knowing anything about it but being intrigued by a short-lived desire to buff up on U.S. history. The World is Flat and is by Thomas Friedman, a liberal New Yorker, and anyone who knows anything about business or economics knows that this book is not about history but instead about competitive advantage. However, (and in my defense) it was listed on Amazon under the "history" section which is where I was originally lead astray. Since the beginning of last semester (fall 2008) it has been referenced in each of my classes at least twice. While I will only start reading it this weekend, I always raise my hand when asked, "who has heard of the book The World is Flat?" and I never hesitate to volunteer that I also own my own copy.

No comments: